Hubei reports no new COVID-19 cases

0
55 views

WUHAN: No new confirmed, asymptomatic or suspected COVID-19 cases were reported in central China’s Hubei Province on Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
There were still 121 asymptomatic cases under medical observation after 33 such cases were released from quarantine on Sunday.
The province, where the hard-hit city of Wuhan is located, had no existing confirmed or suspected cases on Sunday, the commission said.
Hubei had reported a total of 68,135 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 4,512 deaths, and 63,623 cases had been cured and discharged from hospital by Sunday.
Mainland also near to contain the spread of novel Coronavirus as Chinese health authority said Monday that no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported on the mainland Sunday.
Four imported cases were reported, including three in Sichuan Province and one in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.
No deaths related to the disease were reported, said the commission, adding that one new suspected case from abroad was reported in Shanghai Sunday.
On Sunday, nine people were discharged from hospitals after recovery.
As of Sunday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,040, including 65 patients who were still being treated, with no one in severe condition.
Altogether 78,341 people had been discharged after recovery and 4,634 people had died of the disease, the commission said.
By Sunday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,780 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,717 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 63 remained hospitalized, with no one in severe condition. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
The commission said there were still four cases, from overseas, suspected of being infected with the virus by Sunday. According to the commission, 3,232 close contacts were still under medical observation after 479 people were discharged from medical observation Sunday. – Agencies