CM Murad worries about violation of social distancing by public amid COVID-19 pandemic

0
60 views

KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah said on Thursday that the provincial government “was worried that more cases of the novel coronavirus are being reported from slum areas”, after informing the public that seven members of one family had been infected in Karachi. In a video message, the chief minister said that initially, one person from the family had gone out and was infected. The disease then passed on to other members of the family, including a one-year-old boy and six-year-old girl. He urged the people who were going out to receive ration bags or cash being distributed by the government under Ehsas Program, to take precautionary measures and practice social distancing. He also shared that 92 new cases had emerged in the province over the past 24 hours, while 69 people had recovered. One more person had passed away. It is necessary here to mention that the federal government has started distribution of Rs 12,000 per family under “Ehsas Program” across the country. Beneficiaries of the program were rushed out on Thursday for receiving the grants and violated the physical distancing.